RESPECT. Magazine Covers Tech N9ne’s ‘Something Else’ Listening Party
The tales of awesomeness just keep pouring in from Tech N9ne’s Something Else listening party that was recently held in NYC!
This time, RESPECT. magazine covered the affair. Their article describes the event as “humble” and as being “simply about sharing the music”, which is just what we would expect from the Strange Music General.
The special RECAP. also offered up the information that aside from the Doors collaboration, all the features on Something Else were done free of charge out of respect for the legend that is Tech N9ne. Anyone that follows hip hop closely knows that’s practically unheard of.
To close out the article, RESPECT. offered up the following notes on the event to give fans a further glimpse at what they can expect from the album:
- The album features a noticeable amount of live instrumentation.
- Tech told RESPECT. that he couldn’t pick a favorite song because of the album’s tripartite division into Fire, Water and Earth, which all mean something different to him, but after the full album finished and he began playing individual tracks, Tech demanded that the DJ play “Fragile.” (so it’s probably one of his favorite songs.)
- On “Priorities” Tech trades bars with Angel Davenport and Game. It’s a short track (1:43), but that song structure – 3 emcees continuously going back and forth – is something that deserves to be explored some more by Tech as well as other rappers
- Rittz, who was signed to Strange Music last year, absolutely fits in with the Strange Crew, as indicated by “Colorado.”
- The album is kind of long with all of the bonus tracks.
- Danny Brown and Tech would be a crazy rap duo.
- The album as a whole is very vulnerable, but in a way that differs from the vulnerability of Take Care.
- Tech N9ne seems to genuinely make the music that he wants, sans market pressures. He and Mac Miller should high-five.
- On one song, someone says, “Fuck your litigation.” That’s the history of rap in a nutshell, is it not?
Click HERE to read the full article.
CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER THE ALL ACCESS DELUXE VERSION OF ‘SOMETHING ELSE’ FROM BEST BUY!
(Includes Free Shipping!)