REVEALED: Tech N9ne – ‘Something Else’ – Features And Tracklist
Tech N9ne has set July 30 as the release date for his blockbuster Something Else album. The high-powered collection is broken up into “Fire,” “Water” and “Earth” sections and features legendary guests from different genres and different eras, including music icons The Doors, rap superstars Kendrick Lamar and Wiz Khalifa, rock maverick Serj Tankian and singer-rapper Cee Lo, among others.
Tech N9ne collaborated with the remaining members of The Doors on “Strange 2013,” a reworking of The Doors’ “Strange Days” that was one of the last recordings The Doors’ founding member, Ray Manzarek, made before he passed away in May. In a June 24 RollingStone.com feature, Tech N9ne says that The Doors’ music saved his life and that The Doors’ songs “People Are Strange” and “Strange Days” are the reasons why he named his record company Strange Music. “If I didn’t listen to their music and their fusion of sounds, I probably would’ve never called [my label] Strange Music,” Tech said to Rolling Stone. “I have Jim Morrison to thank for that.”
The rest of Something Else is equally remarkable. “That’s My Kid” featuring Cee Lo, Big K.R.I.T. and Kutt Calhoun has Tech N9ne explaining how he gave up his life in the streets in order to be a better father. Elsewhere, Tech N9ne teams with Kendrick Lamar, !MAYDAY¡ and Kendall Morgan for “Fragile.” On this spirited selection, Tech N9ne delivers a dazzling, tongue-twisting rap blasting all of his critics, while Kendrick Lamar details how he pours his heart and soul into his lyrics.
Today, Tech N9ne releases the Drumma Boy-produced single “See Me,” which features Wiz Khalifa and B.o.B. Tech N9ne sings and raps on the cut about how he gets overlooked by many despite his remarkable accolades – selling more than 2 million units independently, headlining the longest tour in rap history and owning hip-hop’s most powerful, truly independent record company, among them. (link to song and download below)
Something Else will be available for pre-order on iTunes July 2. Fans who purchase a copy of the album in advance will instantly receive the song “So Dope (They Wanna).” The lyrically intense tune is in the vein of Tech N9ne’s revered “Choppers” series of songs that pair him with fellow top-tier rappers who deliver dizzying flows with remarkable clarity.
Tech N9ne will also be the lead music feature in this week’s print edition of Billboard Magazine, on-stands June 28.
The tracklist for the deluxe version of Something Else is as follows:
- “News With Mark Alford 1″ (skit)
- “Straight Out The Gate” (featuring Serj Tankian, Krizz Kaliko)
- “B.I.T.C.H.” (featuring T-Pain)
- “With The BS” (featuring Red Café, Trae Tha Truth & Big Scoob)
- “Love 2 Dislike Me” (featuring Tyler Lyon of Evalyn Awake & Liz Suwandi)
- “Fortune Force Field”
- “I’m Not A Saint”
- “Fragile” (featuring Kendrick Lamar, ¡Mayday!, & Kendall Morgan)
- “Priorities” (featuring The Game & Angel Davanport)
- “News With Mark Alford 2″ (skit)
- “So Dope” (They Wanna) (featuring Wrekonize, Snow Tha Product & Twisted Insane)
- “See Me” (featuring Wiz Khalifa & B.o.B)
- “My Haiku-Burn the World” (featuring Krizz Kaliko)
- “That’s My Kid” (featuring Cee Lo Green, Big K.R.I.T., Kutt Calhoun)
- “Meant to Happen” (featuring Scoop Deville)
- “News With Mark Alford 3″ (skit)
- “R.I.P. Ray” (skit)
- “Strange 2013″ (featuring The Doors)
- “Colorado” (featuring B.o.B, Krizz Kaliko, Rittz, ¡Mayday!, Stevie Stone, Ces Cru)
- “Drowning” (featuring Liz Suwandi)
- “Thizzles” (featuring Danny Brown)
New Music: “See Me” Featuring B.o.B. and Wiz Khalifa